If you marry a British citizen outside of the UK, how do you become a British Citizen without living in the UK?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen.
sds sssdsd
chimajoe

If you marry a British citizen outside of the UK, how do you become a British Citizen without living in the UK?

Postby chimajoe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 am

I have a query about the possibility of being a British citizenship when I am married to a British citizen and in the meantime I am outside of the UK.

mickjames1

Re: If you marry a British citizen outside of the UK, how do you become a British Citizen without living in the UK?

Postby mickjames1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:15 am

To be honest, if this case you are not eligible of having British citizenship. The sole option is to apply for British nationality through naturalisation. It confers you to hold the Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK. However, after you receive the certificate of naturalisation you are allowed to become a British citizen and have the rights of citizen including passport, voting, and free medical treatment. Afterwards you having the certificate of naturalization are free to apply for British passport. It is processed within approximately six weeks. However, authorities can ask you for an interview before processing the application.

sssdsd

Return to “British Citizenship”