UK Spouse Visa Accommodation requirements

The Family Law Forum is where you can find advice on legal matters relating to family life, such as divorce, child related issues and cohabitation and prenuptial agreements.
sds sssdsd
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:28 pm

UK Spouse Visa Accommodation requirements

Postby Daniel98 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:45 am

We recently applied for ancestry visa and me as spouse. However, we received a reply from Manilla to say that because his mother was born in the UK he has been issued a COE instead. This is fine except it also goes on to say that I am no longer eligible to apply as a spouse of UK ancestry and that I could consider other visa types such as settlement and would need to withdraw the current visa application. They have deferred the application and asked us to advise on how we will proceed. We replied and said we would like to withdraw and proceed with spouse settlement visa - we are now awaiting their reply.

My question is :
We have looked into settlement spouse visa and it seems much more difficult than the ancestry route, however, we do satisfy ALL the financial requirements and everything else except the accommodation. We would prefer to get temporary accommodation and look for more permanent accommodation when we arrive. Neither of us know anyone in the UK, however, we do have confirmed job contracts and so know the location where we will live. Will the entry clearance officers accept that we will live in temporary accommodation until we are able to choose something more permanent? We are a middle-aged couple and have been married for 26 years. We have 3 adult children who are well and truly settled here in Australia.

Site Admin
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:51 pm

Re: UK Spouse Visa Accommodation requirements

Postby admin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:46 am

People have recently been approved with temporary accommodation or even prospective accommodation in UK, so you have a chance. Still better to have something concrete lined up. Pity you don't have any friend or relative in UK - you only need one room in their house/flat. Plus property inspection report is recommended for being shared accommodation.

I am not a regulated immigration advisor so only giving my own view which should not be relied upon as advice. Sorry, but I have disabled my private and visitor message functions so you can't send me any. If you want advice, contact a registered immigration advisor:


Return to “Family Law”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest