Wants to change Tier 2 to Tier 4

Students wishing to study in the UK, can discuss from sponsorship to choosing a licence educational provider and switching within categories. There are a number of related changes and is one of the most complex based visa categories due to the continuous changes to the category applied by the UK Home Office.
sds sssdsd
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:44 am

Wants to change Tier 2 to Tier 4

Postby Petter » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:40 am


I was a master's student when I first entered UK, then PSW and now on a tier 2 general visa.

I am planning to study ( another masters or PhD) further so I just wanted to confirm if I can switch into Tier 4 now from Tier 2 Genaral or is there any restrictions?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Wants to change Tier 2 to Tier 4

Postby Daniel98 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:41 am

See https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/switch-to-this-visa

In order to apply in the UK, your CAS must confirm that the new course is academic progression on your previous course. If it does not, you can only apply in your home country. The Tier 4 policy guidance has a section on what academic progression means.


Return to “UK Tier 4 (Student) visas”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest